FERRIS (CBSDFW.COM) – The joy of a weekend birthday party in Ellis County is shattered after a deadly brawl.
Relatives had gathered at a home in Ferris for a girl’s quinceañera, to celebrate the teens fifteenth birthday. According to police, just as the celebration was winding down Saturday night, a fight broke out.
“Two individuals had gotten into an argument over some alcohol — there were two handguns involved in the thing,” explained Lieutenant Rick White, with the Ellis County Sheriff’s Department.
Before the fight ended four people had been shot, two stabbed, and two others badly beaten. One of the shooting victims later died.
White said an 11-year-old child was among those hurt. Many of the surviving victims haven’t been questioned because of the severity of their injuries. None of the medical conditions of those hurt are known.
Police continue to investigate the incident. So far, no arrests have been made.
Also Check Out:
- Father Of Student Attacked In South Padre Wants Justice
- Are We Done With Lamar Odom?
- Perry’s Pages Overwhelmed With Women’s Health Questions
- Senator Challenges Texas’ Castle Law After Florida Shooting
- Texas Authorities Break Up Rural Moonshine Operation