DENVER (AP) – For the first time since 1989, all four top seeds reached the NCAA women’s Final Four.
This year’s field of Baylor, Stanford, UConn and Notre Dame is arguably the strongest ever, with all four programs motivated by unfinished business from last season and out to add yet another crown to their crowded trophy case.
Yet, the Bears, behind 6-foot-8 star Brittney Griner and a lineup loaded at every other position, are prohibitive favorites to cut down the nets at the Pepsi Center on Tuesday night.
To become the first 40-0 team in NCAA hoops history, the Bears will have to get past Stanford, led by superstar sisters Nnemkadi and Chiney Ogwumike, on Sunday and then either UConn or Notre Dame in the title game.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Father Of Student Attacked In South Padre Wants Justice
- Are We Done With Lamar Odom?
- Perry’s Pages Overwhelmed With Women’s Health Questions
- Senator Challenges Texas’ Castle Law After Florida Shooting
- Texas Authorities Break Up Rural Moonshine Operation