FORT WORTH (AP) - A 29-year-old North Texas man has been sentenced to 50 years in prison after pleading guilty in the 2010 beating of his girlfriend’s young daughter.
Tarrant County prosecutors say Adam Palmer of Mansfield was sentenced Wednesday on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and causing serious bodily injury to a child.
Palmer’s plea deal comes five months after a jury sentenced his girlfriend, Ryka Hopper, to 40 years in prison for failing to seek medical attention for then-2-year-old Ahnnakha White.
According to testimony at Hopper’s trial, Palmer shot the girl in the foot with a BB gun and removed the BB with a knife. Palmer also was accused of violently shaking the girl about two weeks before she went into a coma. She remains in a vegetative state.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Father Of Student Attacked In South Padre Wants Justice
- Are We Done With Lamar Odom?
- Perry’s Pages Overwhelmed With Women’s Health Questions
- Senator Challenges Texas’ Castle Law After Florida Shooting
- Texas Authorities Break Up Rural Moonshine Operation