Fatal Motorcycle Accident Leaves One Dead

Haltom City (CBSDFW.COM) – Police say they responded to a fatal accident call at 12:23 p.m. to the 3900 block of NE Loop 820 eastbound.

52-year-old Ronald Lyles’ of Oklahoma motorcycle had crashed into the back of pickup truck. He died at the scene.

Police say Lyles was the one occupant on the motorcycle and was not wearing a helmet.

No one else was injured.

The Eastbound lanes of NE Loop 820 were shut down during the police investigation.

1. Michael Bogdanski says:

I’ve been riding a motorcycle for 46 years. I am 62 years old and stared riding at age 16. I ride my bike 24/7, 365 days a year and I don’t waer a helmet unless I go to a state that requires it. The one thing these motorcycle training courses do not teach is that every 4-wheel driver is out to kill you. They don’t see you, they are per-occupied with other things while driving. If they hit you it doesn”t matter if you are wearing a helmet, cahnaces are you will die. Be aware of your surroundings, don’t take chances and drive with caution.

1. edwayne says:

Ii thought that was a very good thing tho say. I live in Paris texas and the city has adopted moter cycle awarness signs throughout the city. I must admit that a helment is always a choice on any riding occasion.

2. Michael says:

After fifteen years and well over 200K miles on my two bikes I hung up my helmet. That was 9 years ago. As motorcyclists you HAVE to pay attention to your surroundings because rest assured others are not. I feel for this man’s family, but I want to know what distracted him enough to hit the rear end of a vehicle. Even the largest of motorcycles can outbrake a car, this makes me curious. As long as he wasn’t stunting or doing some other ridiculously stupid thing. Rest in peace, rider.

3. Joshua Lyles says:

This is his son. He was following my cousin who was driving my uncles truck, a car slammed on their brakes in front of the truck, my cousin had to hit the brakes, my dad hit his brakes but couldn’t stop in time because they were on their way to get a new tire put on the bike.

1. jp says:

always two sides. many prayers.

2. jp says:

josh, i am sorry for your loss. thanks for telling the rest of the story.

4. kevin says:

rest in peace big brother

5. Brandi McWilliams says:

Regardless of how any accident occurs or who is at fault, one should always keep negative thoughts to themselves.. because family of the deceased without a doubt will read what is being said. This particular accident was just that.. a VERY tragic ACCIDENT! My heart goes out to the ENTIRE family!! My daughter is a part of that family.. Ronny was her uncle. I always considered him as family.. always will. RIP Ronny.. you will be greatly missed!!!

Comments are closed.