Former Michigan, Arizona State Coach Bill Frieder
NEW ORLEANS (105.3 THE FAN) – The parade of coaches, players, and basketball legends continues at the Final Four radio row in New Orleans.
Coach Bill Frieder joined Elf to give his thoughts about the tournament. Bill coach at the University of Michigan (1981–1989) and Arizona State University (1989–1997).
As the famous story goes, when Frieder announced that he would leave Michigan for Arizona State, then Michigan athletic director Bo Schembechler ordered Frieder to leave immediately, and named top assistant Steve Fisher as the interim coach for the tournament. Schembechler famously announced, “A Michigan man will coach Michigan, not an Arizona State man.”
PLAY: Coach Bill Frieder with Elf in New Orleans
Catch Elf weekdays 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on 105.3 The Fan. Follow Elf on Twitter @iamElf
(© Copyright 2012 KRLD FM, 105.3 The Fan, CBS Local. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Father Of Student Attacked In South Padre Wants Justice
- Are We Done With Lamar Odom?
- Perry’s Pages Overwhelmed With Women’s Health Questions
- Senator Challenges Texas’ Castle Law After Florida Shooting
- Texas Authorities Break Up Rural Moonshine Operation