NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The RoomStore is closing its remaining Texas stores as it continues to restructure through bankruptcy.
Monday the company announced plans to “exit Texas”.
As it stands, the company plans to close all 10 stores in the state. Eight of those locations are in North Texas, and the other two in Temple and Waco.
Officials with RoomStore said the decision was based on the plan to “consolidate business in the Mid-Atlantic region with one distribution center in North Carolina.”
After the closings of the Texas locations, completing the exit from Texas, RoomStore will continue to operate 28 stores in four states.
RoomStore filed a voluntary Chapter 11 petition for reorganization in December of 2011. Several members of the Levitz family in Dallas started the company in 1992.
Also Check Out:
- PD: Lewisville Man Kills Wife After Dog Defecates In House
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student