DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police continue to investigate a drive-by shooting in east Dallas that left one person dead and another seriously injured.
The incident happened around 10 p.m. Monday on Belmont, near U.S. 75.
Two men, ages 19 and 20, were sitting in a car, in front of two churches, when another vehicle pulled up. It’s believed that a conversation escalated into an argument and shots were fired. The second vehicle sped from the scene.
The 19-year-old driver died from his injuries. The passenger in that vehicle is in serious condition at a local hospital.
Residents, who live in the area that is considered up and coming, are concerned.
“I’m feeling that maybe this area is not lit up enough back here where some of these homes are abandoned,” said Blair Demisse, “And obviously that apartment complex isn’t finished so there’s nobody really around to see anything.”
Police have not issued a description of the getaway vehicle and are still searching for suspects.
Also Check Out:
- PD: Lewisville Man Kills Wife After Dog Defecates In House
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student