From Texas Rangers
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
FRISCO (AP) – The Rangers have placed right-handed reliever Yoshinori Tateyama on the 15-day disabled list and optioned outfielder Julio Borbon to Triple-A Round Rock while finalizing their opening day roster.
Tateyama, who has been bothered by a low back muscle strain, will be eligible to be activated April 14.
The two-time defending AL champions also selected the contracts of rookie left-hander Robbie Ross and infielder Alberto Gonzalez from Round Rock.
All the moves Wednesday were expected.
Texas assigned infielder Luis Hernandez and veteran left-hander Neal Cotts to Round Rock. Cotts was put on the Triple-A disabled list with a strained muscle in his left side.
Right-hander Cody Eppley was designated for assignment. Right-hander Aaron Heilman agreed to a minor league contract and was assigned to Round Rock.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Lewisville Man Kills Wife After Dog Defecates In House
- Charges Against JetBlue Captain Suspected Of In-Flight Disturbance
- Dallas Snake Sighting Prompts Park Warning
- 48,000 Sq. Ft. Texas Mansion Heads To Auction
- Perfect Attendance Will Equal New Car For FWISD Student