Reporting Garry Seith
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - The average temperature in DFW for all of March 2012 was 64.3 degrees. That’s 6.7 degrees above normal.
The monthly average temperature is calculated using an average of all the daily averages. This, in turn, is yielded from the given day’s high and low temperatures. What made March’s average temperature so high was the abnormally warm morning temperatures, thanks to an abundance of clouds reported on all but 12 days. Clouds act like a blanket to keep the day’s heat from escaping back into space.
A stretch of nine days ran up to 25 degrees above normal during the morning hours. In fact, the average morning low temperature for the month was the second warmest ever in the record books.
Here’s the top five warmest March months on record:
1. 1907 — Average Temperature: 66.7
2. 1910 – Average Temperature: 64.5
3. 2012 – Average Temperature: 64.3
4. 1938 – Average Temperature: 64.1
5. 2007 – Average Temperature: 64.0
Also Check Out:
- Storm Cleanup: The Latest
- Guide: Ways To Help Or Get Help After Tornadoes
- SPCA: Begin Searching Now For Any Missing Pets
- Photos: Storm Damage
- H-E-B Donates $50,000 For Tornado Victims