PLANO (CBSDFW) – Many people enjoy running, but for marathoner Dean Karnazes, running is a way of life.
The 49-year-old is most famous for running 50 marathons in 50 states on 50 consecutive days in 2006, and for running from Los Angeles to New York in 2011.
He stopped by the CBS 11 Studios in Fort Worth on Thursday to talk about his passion for running, and an upcoming event he’s hosting in Plano Saturday.
Karnazes will be taking part in the Thrill of the Grill 5K at Central Market in Plano on Saturday. The 5K benefits the Plano Independent School District, and Karnazes will be the celebrity host of the event, running in a toga to raise money.
THRILL OF THE GRILL 5K
– Saturday, April 21st – 8:30 am
– In its 4th year of existence
– Held at Central Market in Plano
– Benefits the Plano ISD Education Foundation
– Dean will lead the race, and run with participants in the Toga Division
– Toga Division’s goal to raise additional $5,000 for PISD Education Foundation
– Online registration at www.thrillofthegrill5k.com
– Online registration ends Friday at Noon
– Walk-up registrants welcome on Race Day