FORT WORTH (AP) – Organizers say the Armed Forces Bowl will be placed Dec. 29 in Fort Worth after two years in Dallas.
Bowl officials on Thursday announced the game will return to TCU’s Amon G. Carter Stadium, which has undergone $143 million in renovations. The stadium overhaul began following the 2010 football season.
The previous two Armed Forces Bowl games were played at Ford Stadium on the campus of Southern Methodist University.
Fort Worth-based Bell Helicopter-Textron sponsors the military-themed bowl.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Bullying Complaints Surface Against H.S. Football Coach
- Original Mud Run Participant Dies During Fort Worth Event
- Suspects Who Set Dallas Dog On Fire Wanted
- Dallas Home Invasion Ends With Deadly Shooting