AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – A Texas agency has joined with AT&T Inc. to help match qualified military veterans to more than 600 technical jobs.
The partnership was announced Monday by the Texas Veterans Commission and Dallas-based AT&T Inc.
The jobs are part of AT&T’s new U-verse integrated digital TV, high speed internet and voice service. The positions are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, Austin, Corpus Christi, Houston, Lubbock, Midland and San Antonio.
For more information about the jobs, email firstname.lastname@example.org
AT&T has established dozens of call centers in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan so troops can call home. The company says it has donated nearly $8 million worth of prepaid calling cards to military personnel.
(©2012 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
Also Check Out:
- IHop Sued After Firing 4 Muslim Managers
- Plano Mom Creates App To Help Son’s Autism
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Former Mavs Prospect Goes From Homeless To Published Author
- Union Members Vote To Strike Against Lockheed