HALTOM CITY (AP) - A man emptied a suburban Fort Worth police station when he brought in what appeared to be a grenade and asked what he should do with it.
Haltom City Fire Marshall Fred Napp said the suspicious-looking object was left in a box on the curb in front of a rent house the landlords were cleaning after evicting the tenants. Napp said a man brought the box into the Haltom City police station Monday afternoon.
Officers told him to leave it on the counter, called firefighters and a bomb squad and evacuated the police station.
Napp said the object appeared to be a World War II-era grenade that firefighters “treated like the real McCoy.” He says the bomb squad arrived, removed the object and took it to another location for disposal.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- IHOP Sued After Firing 4 Muslim Managers
- Plano Mom Creates App To Help Son’s Autism
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Former Mavs Prospect Goes From Homeless To Published Author
- Union Members Vote To Strike Against Lockheed