BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) - New LSU men’s basketball coach Johnny Jones has added Shawn Forrest and Charlie Leonard to his coaching staff.
The two assistants, whose hirings were announced on Thursday, both worked with Jones in his previous head coaching position at North Texas.
Leonard has worked with Jones for the past 12 years, going back to their 2000 season together in Memphis, when Jones was appointed interim coach. Leonard then joined Jones for all 11 of his seasons with the Mean Green.
Forest has spent the past four years on Jones’ North Texas staff. Jones credits Forest with being one of his leading recruiters.
Jones says he has come to rely on Leonard’s strengths in scouting opponents and running practices. Jones says Leonard has a “tremendous basketball mind.”
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- IHOP Sued After Firing 4 Muslim Managers
- Plano Mom Creates App To Help Son’s Autism
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Former Mavs Prospect Goes From Homeless To Published Author
- Union Members Vote To Strike Against Lockheed