DALLAS (AP) - Two men will be formally exonerated of a nearly 30-year-old rape and shooting after DNA tests in Dallas County implicated others in the attack.
James Curtis Williams and Raymond Jackson are expected to be declared innocent of aggravated sexual assault Monday morning. They will become the 31st and 32nd people in Dallas County since 2001 to be cleared of crimes they didn’t commit.
Williams and Jackson were convicted of the November 1983 assault of a woman outside a Dallas bar. Both men got life in prison and were only recently paroled.
Williams and Jackson had beens placed in a photo lineup due to their involvement in another sexual assault case. But DNA testing implicated two other men, who investigators say will now be charged with attempted capital murder.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- IHOP Sued After Firing 4 Muslim Managers
- Plano Mom Creates App To Help Son’s Autism
- Man Jailed For Child Support For Baby That Wasn’t His
- Former Mavs Prospect Goes From Homeless To Published Author
- Union Members Vote To Strike Against Lockheed