THE WOODLANDS (AP) – Michael Allen studied the PGA Tour statistics last year, and one number jumped out at him.
Luke Donald finished atop the money list and also led the regular tour with the lowest bogey average (2.01 per round). Webb Simpson was second on the money list and also second in fewest bogeys per round (2.08).
Allen knew that was no coincidence, and focused on consistency heading into his 2012 season on the Champions Tour. He has five top-10 finishes this year, including victories in his last two starts.
The featured attraction for fans comes Saturday, when Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player form a threesome in an exhibition taking place in the midst of the tournament itself.
Also Check Out:
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough
- Parents Of Special Needs Child Say Their Boy Was Restrained
- Tossed Ball At Rangers Game Causes Uproar
- Dallas Woman Jailed After Man Found Castrated
- Friend’s Advice For Deion & Pilar: “Stop!”