DALLAS (AP) - Authorities say a 10-story downtown Dallas hotel had to be evacuated but nobody was hurt after fire broke out in the basement.
A front desk clerk says the Hotel Lawrence was open for business Monday.
Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says Sunday night’s fire was started by a malfunctioning dryer. Evans says smoke that was reported in the basement traveled up the main stairwell and went out the roof.
He says one sprinkler head activated and helped contain the blaze to the basement.
Evans says the fire was extinguished in less than an hour.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough
- Parents Of Special Needs Child Say Their Boy Was Restrained
- Tossed Ball At Rangers Game Causes Uproar
- Dallas Woman Jailed After Man Found Castrated
- Friend’s Advice For Deion & Pilar: “Stop!”