KELLER (CBSDFW.COM) – A Friday afternoon fight at Fossil Ridge High School gave way to a heightened police presence and larger than normal absentee rate Monday at the Keller ISD school.
The fight was a violent brawl between groups of students, and became the backdrop for fear Monday. Students on social media sites heard talk of guns being brought to the school to even the score.
The fight, caught on a cell phone camera, generated enough concern that a number of parents decided to pull their students from school.
By 10:30 Monday morning, at least 200 of the campus’ 2,200 students left the school with parents.
Fort Worth Police and contracted security were highly visible at Fossil Ridge throughout the school day, but no weapons were found, and no incidents were reported.
Also Check Out:
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription
- DISD Teens Simultaneously Graduate From High School & College
- Rare White Buffalo Dies In Hunt County
- Lost Phone Leads To 30 Years Jail For Texan
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough