CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – NASCAR has fined Kurt Busch $50,000 for reckless driving on pit road at Darlington and a post-race altercation with Ryan Newman’s crew members.
Busch was placed on probation through July 25 for his actions Saturday night.
NASCAR also fined Busch crew member Craig Strickler $5,000 for interfering with a member of Fox’s broadcast team.
Newman crew chief Tony Gibson was placed on probation until June 27 for not controlling his crew members, and crew member Andrew Rueger was fined $5,000 for failing to comply with a directive from a NASCAR official.
The incident began when Busch got a flat tire that caused him to spin with six laps remaining in the race. He did a burnout through Newman’s pit stall after stopping to repair his car.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved)
Also Check Out:
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription
- DISD Teens Simultaneously Graduate From High School & College
- Rare White Buffalo Dies In Hunt County
- Lost Phone Leads To 30 Years Jail For Texan
- UT Southwestern Doctors Make Obesity Breakthrough