FORT WORTH (AP) - A convicted killer from North Texas acting as his own attorney to fight his life prison term has been accused of faking evidence.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Thursday that a Texas Court of Criminal Appeals order basically bars Jeff Dodson from another appeal.
Dodson was sentenced to life in prison without parole for his conviction in the 2007 robbery-slaying of a Bedford convenience store clerk. The victim was Gaurab Rajbanshi.
The appeals court this week ruled Dodson submitted trial transcripts that were altered to say his brother pleaded guilty as the gunman.
Theodis Dodson pleaded guilty in a plea deal but said he was not the shooter and also received life in prison.
Store surveillance video captured part of the incident.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Teen Tried To Rob Officer At Police Station
- Parents Must Accompany Teens At Dallas Mall
- Dallas Man Racks Up 38,000,000 Airline Miles
- Powerful HOAs Leave Many Texans Feeling Homeless
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription