HOUSTON (AP) - AAA Texas is estimating 2.8 million Texans will travel at least 50 miles from home during the upcoming Memorial Day holiday weekend.
That’s up 2 percent from a year ago.
Travel by car is the most common transportation mode, with nearly 2.5 million Texans hitting the roads for destinations more than 50 miles away. The motor club said Monday another 213,000 Texas residents will be flying and another 138,000 boarding buses, trains or cruise ships.
The average round trip for them is 580 miles and the AAA estimates the average family will spend $533 during the Thursday through Monday holiday period.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Teen Tried To Rob Officer At Police Station
- Parents Must Accompany Teens At Dallas Mall
- Dallas Man Racks Up 38,000,000 Airline Miles
- Powerful HOAs Leave Many Texans Feeling Homeless
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription