LUBBOCK (AP) – Texas Tech baseball coach Dan Spencer has been fired after four years without a winning record in the Big 12.
The move announced Monday came after the Red Raiders finished with seven conference wins, their fewest since 1990. Texas Tech was the only one of nine Big 12 teams that didn’t qualify for the conference tournament.
A former Texas Tech player, Spencer spent a year as an assistant under Larry Hays. He was the pitching coach at Oregon State before returning to Lubbock.
The Red Raiders were 115-112 under Spencer, including 29-26 in 2012. They had a winning overall record twice in his four years.
Tim Tadlock has been named interim coach.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- PD: Teen Tried To Rob Officer At Police Station
- Parents Must Accompany Teens At Dallas Mall
- Dallas Man Racks Up 38,000,000 Airline Miles
- Powerful HOAs Leave Many Texans Feeling Homeless
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription