OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) – Steve Smith has been chosen as the Big 12′s coach of the year after leading Baylor to a record 18-game winning streak during conference play.
Smith was honored Tuesday at a luncheon previewing the Big 12 tournament, which starts Wednesday in Oklahoma City. Baylor catcher Josh Ludy was named player of the year and designated hitter Nathan Orf is the newcomer of the year.
Oklahoma State lefty Andrew Heaney won pitcher of the year while Texas pitcher Parker French earned freshman of the year honors.
The games start Wednesday with regular season champion Baylor facing Kansas State, fourth-seeded Oklahoma taking on Oklahoma State, No. 2 seed Texas A&M playing Kansas, and third-seeded Texas opposing Missouri.
Also Check Out:
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change
- 17-Year-Old Gets Degree, Prepares For Grad School
- Foster Kids Abuse Case: “We Should Be Embarrassed”
- 60-Year-Old Woman Convicted For Dealing Drugs
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription