DALLAS (AP) - As if the Girl Scouts’ Samoa cookie isn’t sinful enough, a longtime State Fair of Texas treat provider is perfecting a way to improve the chocolate-coconut-caramel cookie for fair goers.
Christi Erpillo’s family has served deep-fried items at the Dallas fair for 40 years. She says the Samoa is her all-time favorite cookie and she’s found a way to drop the classic into a deep fryer without getting it soggy and without losing its taste.
She tells The Dallas Morning News the Samoa embellishment is intended to help the Girl Scouts celebrate their 100th anniversary.
Erpillo’s mother introduced funnel cake to the fair in the 1980s. In 2009, Erpillo made a splash with deep-fried peaches and cream.
The three-week State Fair of Texas opens Sept. 28.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change
- 17-Year-Old Gets Degree, Prepares For Grad School
- Foster Kids Abuse Case: “We Should Be Embarrassed”
- 60-Year-Old Woman Convicted For Dealing Drugs
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription