SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Tony Parker says Russell Westbrook hasn’t faced another point guard in these playoffs quite like him.
The marquee matchup of the Western Conference finals will be the dueling All-Stars. Parker said Wednesday that his Oklahoma City counterpart is in for something different than what the Thunder saw the first two rounds.
Parker said “it’s not going to be like Dallas or the Lakers” for Westbrook, adding that their point guards are “not as aggressive” as the Spurs’ leading scorer. Parker is averaging 19.1 points and a career-best 7.1 assists through eight consecutive playoff wins.
Westbrook is 23, an age when Parker had already won two NBA titles. The 30-year-old Parker is in position to make the up-and-coming Thunder go through him to get a shot at a championship.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change
- 17-Year-Old Gets Degree, Prepares For Grad School
- Foster Kids Abuse Case: “We Should Be Embarrassed”
- 60-Year-Old Woman Convicted For Dealing Drugs
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription