OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Big 12 player of the year Josh Ludy hit two home runs and drove in six runs to lead top-seeded Baylor to an 11-1 victory against Kansas State in the conference tournament.
Ludy connected for a two-run shot in the fourth inning and a three-run home run in the fifth, both to left field. He then drew a bases-loaded walk in the sixth on Wednesday.
The game ended because of the mercy rule after seven innings.
Nathan Orf doubled, singled twice and drove in two runs for Baylor (43-12), which will face No. 4 seed Oklahoma on Thursday. Josh Turley went the distance to improve his record to 9-0.
Eighth-seeded Kansas State (26-30) will play No. 5 seed Oklahoma State in an elimination game Thursday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change
- 17-Year-Old Gets Degree, Prepares For Grad School
- Foster Kids Abuse Case: “We Should Be Embarrassed”
- 60-Year-Old Woman Convicted For Dealing Drugs
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription