Filed underPro Golf
VIRGINIA WATER, England (AP) – Leaders Peter Lawrie and David Drysdale each shot 6-under 66s at the BMW PGA Championship, leaving a frustrated top-ranked Rory McIlroy and his high-ranking rivals trailing after the first round.
McIlroy had five bogeys and a double bogey in his round of 74 Thursday to go with three birdies and an eagle. On the par-5, 12th he hurled his club after a poor provisional shot, which came after he sent his second shot out of bounds en route to a bogey 6.
Lawrie had four birdies and an eagle in an error-free round and the 291st-ranked Drysdale had seven birdies and a bogey in good weather at Wentworth.
Jamie Donaldson and Justin Rose had 67s, while second-ranked Luke Donald joined a group two shots back after a 68.
Also Check Out:
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change
- 17-Year-Old Gets Degree, Prepares For Grad School
- Foster Kids Abuse Case: “We Should Be Embarrassed”
- 60-Year-Old Woman Convicted For Dealing Drugs
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription