OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Rob Zastryzny held Texas to five hits over 8 1-3 innings and Missouri broke open the game with a four-run fourth in a 5-0 win over Texas at the Big 12 tournament Wednesday night.
No. 6 seed Missouri (29-26) plays No. 2 Texas A&M on Thursday night. No. 3 Texas (30-21) plays No. 7 Kansas in an elimination game in the afternoon.
Zastryzny (5-5) struck out three and walked none before Dusty Ross came on to get the last two outs. Texas starter Corey Knebel (4-5) gave up nine hits in 4 1-3 innings and was charged with all five Missouri runs.
Blake Brown hit a two-run double and scored on a wild pitch to make it 5-0 in the fourth.
Only two Texas runners made it past first base as the Longhorns were shut out for the second time in three games.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change
- 17-Year-Old Gets Degree, Prepares For Grad School
- Foster Kids Abuse Case: “We Should Be Embarrassed”
- 60-Year-Old Woman Convicted For Dealing Drugs
- Woman Jailed For Trying To Fill Prescription