Reporting Steve Pickett
Filed underArts & Culture, Best Of, Entertainment, Local, News, Nightlife & Music, Syndicated Local, Watch + Listen
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Make no mistake, nobody can fill the shoes of Johnny Cash. But there is a young man who comes really close. Dustin West recently won the Johnny Cash sound-a-like contest held at Billy Bob’s Texas in Fort Worth. West has been a Cash fan since he was just 11 years old, and that contest win earned West the right to perform in front of audiences at Casa Manana Theatre in Fort Worth, when “Ring of Fire” takes the stage.
“Ring of Fire” is a musical revue set to more than 30 of Johnny Cash’s classic songs. The show runs June 1-10 and tickets range from $40 to $75. Get more information on the show at Casa Manana Theatre’s website.
West stopped by the CBS 11 News studio on Thursday morning to show off his stuff. Check out his full interview at the top of the page, along with a set of two live performances of “Ring of Fire” and “Folsom Prison Blues,” which are posted below.
Also Check Out:
- Dallas Pizza Chain Giving Free Pizza For Ordering In Spanish
- Animal Shelter May Have To Perform Mass Euthanization
- Cows Killed & Injured, I-35 Closed After Cattle Truck Crash
- Mom Says Reunion With Missing Children Not Joyous
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change