KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Incoming Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby says he is against stipends for student-athletes, pointing out that there are other places where they can play for money.
Bowlsby also repeated the stance of acting commissioner Chuck Neinas, school presidents and athletic directors that the Big 12 supports a four-team playoff consisting of the highest-ranked teams to determine college football’s national champion.
Bowlsby spoke after the final session of the Big 12′s annual spring meeting Friday, and just before he hopped on a plane to attend the Pac-12 meetings.
Bowlsby is finishing up his tenure as the athletic director at Stanford. He will officially take over at the Big 12 on June 15.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Dallas Pizza Chain Giving Free Pizza For Ordering In Spanish
- Animal Shelter May Have To Perform Mass Euthanization
- Cows Killed & Injured, I-35 Closed After Cattle Truck Crash
- Mom Says Reunion With Missing Children Not Joyous
- Satanic Markings Left On Car During Oil Change