(CBSNEWS.COM) – Statistics from the Pew Internet & American Life Project show that, these days, many people with cell phones prefer texting over a phone call. It’s not always young people, though the data indicate that the younger you are, the more likely you are to prefer texting.
And that’s creating a communication divide, of sorts — the talkers vs. the texters.
Some would argue that it’s no big deal. What difference should it make how we communicate, as long as we do so?
But many experts say the most successful communicators will, of course, have the ability to do both, talk or text, and know the most appropriate times to use those skills. And they fear that more of us are losing our ability to have — or at least are avoiding — the traditional face-to-face conversations that are vital in the workplace and personal relationships.
Also Check Out:
- SMU Crane Suspect Falls To Death After Standoff
- 56-Pound Tumor Removed From Garland Woman
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Adults Arrested For Providing Prom Party Alcohol
- Details Of John Wiley Price Federal Complaint Released