LUBBOCK (AP) – Tim Tadlock has been hired as head baseball coach at Texas Tech after holding the interim tag for less than three weeks.
Tadlock was introduced Friday as the replacement for Dan Spencer, who was fired May 21 after the Red Raiders didn’t have a winning record in Big 12 play in any of his four seasons. Texas Tech was the only one of nine league teams that didn’t qualify for this year’s conference tournament.
A former Red Raiders shortstop, Tadlock spent one season as associate head coach under Spencer. He was an assistant at Oklahoma the previous six years, including a College World Series berth in 2010.
Tadlock won back-to-back junior college national championships as head coach at Grayson County in Texas in 1999 and 2000.
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion