WASHINGTON (AP) – The defense in the Roger Clemens perjury case has rested, without the former pitcher testifying.
After the defense said it had rested its case, the jury was cleared from the room and U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton asked Clemens if he was aware of his right not to testify.
Clemens came up to the podium, leaned in, and said, “Yes sir, I am, not testifying.”
Walton asked him if he had a chance to discuss the decision with his lawyers.
Clemens replied, “Yes judge, I sure have.”
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion