INDIANAPOLIS (AP) – IndyCar has docked Justin Wilson five points and fined Dale Coyne Racing $7,500 for failing a post-race inspection after the team’s win at Texas Motor Speedway.
IndyCar said Monday that Wilson’s car had unapproved pieces of bodywork fitted to its sidepods.
The victory was Wilson’s first on an oval track, and first on any track since 2009. The pieces in question were legal for the Indianapolis 500, but were not allowed to be used Saturday night at Texas, where downforce was reduced in an attempt by IndyCar to eliminate pack racing.
IndyCar also fined Ed Carpenter Racing $5,000 and docked Carpenter one point for using a wicker taller than what was permitted under the rules at Texas.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion