From Texas Rangers
ARLINGTON (AP) – Texas Rangers right-hander Alexi Ogando is expected to miss four to six weeks with a strained right groin.
The Rangers placed Ogando on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday, two days after he was hurt while running to first base on a bunt single at San Francisco. Ogando had thrown three perfect innings in his first start of the season in place of lefty Derek Holland, who is on the DL with shoulder fatigue.
Ogando is 1-0 with a 2.08 ERA in 34 2-3 innings. His first 27 appearances were in relief.
The Rangers recalled left-hander Michael Kirkman from Triple-A Round Rock to take Ogando’s roster spot.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Aging Men Turn To Botox For Job Hunting Edge
- Super-Sized Hen Egg Had Another Egg Inside
- Terrell Owens Released From Allen Wranglers
- Veterinarian Cares For Two Legged Dogs
- Pizza Shop Set To Start Spanish Only Promotion