NEW YORK (AP) - Twitter users were unable to access the micro-blogging service for about an hour on Thursday.
Twitter said on its status blog that its engineers were investigating the issue. About an hour later, it said the issue had been resolved. The short messaging service was working again by early afternoon. The company declined to say how widespread the outage was or what caused it.
Outages were once a relatively common occurrence for Twitter, but that was several years ago when it was new and trying to manage growth. It was shut down at least twice in August 2009, once for several hours, when hackers hobbled the site in a “denial of service” attack.
There was no indication Thursday that the outage was the result of malicious attacks.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Lawsuit Filed Against Apple’s Siri Technology
- Storm Cells Trigger Damaging Hail In DFW
- Texas Teen Walking To D.C. With Cross On Back
- Wrong-Way Driver Sets Off Deadly Dallas Pileup
- Family’s Dream Home Turns Into A Nightmare