AMARILLO (AP) - An American Airlines jet bound from California to Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport diverted to Amarillo with mechanical trouble.
Airport officials say nobody was hurt Tuesday night on Flight 1498 from Santa Ana, Calif.
A spokesman for Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport says the pilot of the Boeing 737 reported one of the two engines failed.
An American spokesman said Wednesday that the jet, which 160 passengers and a crew of six, landed without incident and taxied to the gate. Ed Martelle says American had a spare plane available that flew the passengers on to DFW airport.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Rangers Broadcaster OK After Bizarre On-Air Moment
- JCPenney’s Stock Price Tumbles
- Sheriff’s Office & Biker Disagree On Memorial Day Arrest
- Family Files Lawsuit After Funeral Home Mix-Up
- Family’s Dream Home Turns Into A Nightmare