From Texas Rangers
CHICAGO (AP) – Rookie Jose Quintana allowed two hits in eight stellar innings, Kevin Youkilis came through again with a go-ahead homer and the Chicago White Sox completed a three-game sweep of the Texas Rangers with a 2-1 victory Thursday.
On a scorching day at U.S. Cellular Field – with a first-pitch temperature of 99 degrees that hit 102 by the fourth inning – Quintana (4-1) walked one and struck out a career-high eight. He gave up a leadoff single to Ian Kinsler in the first and an RBI single to Adrian Beltre in the fourth on a line drive that hit the left-hander near the hip and bounded past first.
Youkilis took All-Star Matt Harrison (11-4) deep in the sixth to break a 1-all tie, his sixth homer of the season and second since joining the White Sox in a trade from Boston last month.
Also Check Out:
- City Limits When Flags Can Be Placed Near Veteran Graves
- Resident Calls Police After Seeing Body Being Loaded Into SUV
- Woman Crossing Highway Hit & Killed By Cement Truck
- Rangers Broadcaster Barnett OK After Bizarre On-Air Moment
- Lawsuit Filed Against Apple’s Siri Technology