DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – Talk about a scary moment at Rangers ballpark on Sunday when mother nature showed who was in control – with a gigantic clap of thunder!
Rangers catcher Mike Napoli and Minnesota batter Ryan Doumit scrambled to their respective dugouts and base runner Josh Willingham dropped to his knees when a bolt of lightning struck near Rangers Ballpark during Sunday night’s game.
The bright flash was immediately followed by a loud clap of thunder.
Rangers officials said the lightning struck north of stadium and didn’t hit the facility. There were no reports of damage or any injuries.
PLAY: Rangers get Thunderstruck!
(© Copyright 2012 CBSDFW.COM, CBS Local a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Rangers Broadcaster OK After Bizarre On-Air Moment
- JCPenney’s Stock Price Tumbles
- Sheriff’s Office & Biker Disagree On Memorial Day Arrest
- Family Files Lawsuit After Funeral Home Mix-Up
- Family’s Dream Home Turns Into A Nightmare