From Dallas Mavericks
DALLAS (AP) – Brendan Haywood has been waived by the Dallas Mavericks, who designated the 7-foot center as their amnesty player.
With the move Thursday, the Mavericks took advantage of the one-time provision in the new CBA allowing them to let Haywood go without his remaining contract counting against their salary cap or luxury tax. Haywood is set to make $8.3 million next season and is due $27 million over the final three guaranteed years in his deal.
In 154 games with Dallas, Haywood averaged 5.4 points and 5.9 rebounds and was part of it 2011 NBA championship. He was acquired from Washington in Feb. 2010 as part of a seven-player deal.
Haywood has averaged 7.2 points and 6.3 rebounds in 733 career games over 11 seasons, all with Washington and Dallas.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Middle School Principal Indicted
- Dallas Mavericks: Destruction Complete!
- Motorcyclist Dies During Garland Police Chase
- Drivers Stop I-30 Traffic To Watch Fair Park Fireworks
- Children Stranded In Dallas After Mother Dies