FRISCO (AP) – The Dallas Stars have signed forward Brett Ritchie and defenseman Troy Vance to three-year, entry-level contracts.
Dallas announced the deals Wednesday for the pair of 19-year-olds who were drafted by the Stars in 2011.
Ritchie split the 2011-12 season between the Sarnia Sting and Niagara Ice Dogs of the Ontario Hockey League, posting 45 points (24 goals, 21 assists) in 53 games. A second-round draft pick last year, Ritchie has played three seasons in the Ontario league.
Vance had four goals and 20 assists in 57 games for the Victoriaville Tigres of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League last season. He was a fifth-round draft pick by the Stars.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- North Texas Middle School Principal Indicted
- Dallas Mavericks: Destruction Complete!
- Motorcyclist Dies During Garland Police Chase
- Drivers Stop I-30 Traffic To Watch Fair Park Fireworks
- Children Stranded In Dallas After Mother Dies