CBS 11 Header TXA 21 Header MeTV Header KRLD Header The Fan Header

Local

Dallas Family Hurt Escaping From House Fire

View Comments
(credit: KTVT/KTXA) Stephanie Lucero
Stephanie is an Emmy Award winning veteran reporter for CBS 11 N...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

From Our CBS Music Web Sites

kluvs super 70s weekend voting 1979 dl Dallas Family Hurt Escaping From House FirePick The Best Song From 1979

115245513 8 Dallas Family Hurt Escaping From House FireCrush Of The Day: Mila Kunis

80219448 Dallas Family Hurt Escaping From House FireViral Video: Hilarious Southwest Safety Announcement

155742164 Dallas Family Hurt Escaping From House FirePick Your Favorite Victoria Secret Model

Featured Items

Fantasy_tileHottest Olympians

pet_tileYour Pet Photos

weather_tileSend Us Your Weather Photos

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A family in Dallas was awakened by flames early Tuesday morning, and some members were injured while trying to escape. The house fire happened just after 3:00 a.m. in the 900 block of Chevez Drive, located in the southwest part of the city.

Emergency crews arrived on the scene to find the blaze coming from a wood shed in the backyard, which was attached to the main home by a roof extension. Firefighters were able to extinguish the flames before the entire home was destroyed. The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical short.

Avalon Arreazola was one of family members who managed to escape. He climbed out through a window and got help from a neighbor before going back to bang on windows and save his family. His father was sleeping at the time. “He was asleep. At first, he was a little confused. I was confused. I was scared that something was going to happen to him. I was already out of the house. I heard him scream and yell a little bit,” Arreazola said. “But I seen him jump out of the flames, so I was like, he made it.”

That father has been identified as Ricardo Arreazola. He was transported to Parkland Hospital in Dallas with burns on his back. His son said that he is expected to be okay after walking through flames to get out of the house through a back door. Paramedics treated other injured family members at the scene.

Firefighters also treated a dog on a stretcher at the scene. The family’s pet bird did not survive.

Also Check Out:

View Comments