FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Two children are being treated for injuries at Cook Children’s Hospital in Fort Worth, and their mother faces felony injury to a child charges after a police investigation at Dyess Air Force Base in Abilene.
A third child died as a result of the alleged abuse. One of the children being treated in Fort Worth suffered serious injuries.
Abilene Police report they were called to a residence on base around 4 p.m. Tuesday.
When they got there, they found a 22-month-old girl who was not responsive. That child was taken to Abilene Regional Medical Center, but pronounced dead. Two other young female children – ages six-months and three years – were taken to Cook Children’s via air ambulance.
Police arrested Tiffany N. Klapheke. She faces three counts of felony injury to a child with bond set at $500.000. Klapheke is the dependent of a service member currently deployed, Abilene police said.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband