GRAPEVINE (AP) - A Miami Dolphins charter plane preparing to leave Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport clipped the tail of a parked jet while being pushed back for takeoff.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Lynn Lunsford says both American Airlines jets were damaged early Thursday. Lunsford says nobody was hurt and the incident is under investigation.
American spokeswoman Andrea Huguely says the winglet of a Boeing 767 clipped the tail of an empty MD-80. The incident happened in a non-operational area where American provides charter service.
Both jets were taken out of service for inspection. Huguely had no further details on damage.
She says a replacement American jet carrying the Dolphins arrived in Miami around 7:30 a.m. EDT Thursday.
Miami lost to the Cowboys 30-13 in the preseason finale for both teams Wednesday night.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband