BATON ROUGE, LA (AP) – No. 3 LSU plans to play its opener against North Texas in Tiger Stadium on Saturday night, marking a victory of sorts for the Baton Rouge area after it was struck by tropical weather from Isaac.
LSU Vice Chancellor Herb Vincent says he does not foresee any obstacles to playing as scheduled. However, he stresses consultation with authorities and facilities personnel will continue Thursday before the final decision.
The Tigers returned to practice on Thursday.
Isaac, which was a hurricane for part of Wednesday before being downgraded to a tropical storm, caused widespread tree and power line damage around the state capital.
LSU’s campus has power and classes are expected to resume on Friday.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband