Cowboys Cut McGee & Claim Cochart Off Waivers
IRVING, Texas (AP) — The Dallas Cowboys have released quarterback Stephen McGee from their 53-man roster and claimed tight end Colin Cochart off waivers from Cincinnati.
The moves were announced Saturday as the Cowboys started practice four days before their season opener at the New York Giants.
Dallas also had a full eight-man practice squad in place and on the field. That group included rookie receiver Danny Coale, the injury-hampered fifth-round pick who was left off the 53-man roster at Friday’s deadline.
With seven-time Pro Bowl tight end Jason Witten still questionable while recovering from a lacerated spleen, Cochart provides some extra depth at that position. Cochart started three games as a rookie last season.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)