Filed underPro Golf
NORTON, MA (AP) - Rory McIlroy has won the Deutsche Bank Championship for his third PGA Tour this year.
In a Labor Day finish that featured some of the biggest names in golf, McIlroy closed with a 4-under 67 and got away with a few mistakes to hold off Louis Oosthuizen for a one-shot victory on the TPC Boston. Oosthuizen narrowly missed a 12-foot birdie putt on the final hole that would have forced a playoff. He closed with a 71.
Tiger Woods made a charge on the front nine, though he never got closer than three shots until a birdie on his last hole for a 66. Phil Mickelson finished fourth.
Woods went over $100 million in PGA Tour earnings with his third-place finish. McIlroy went to No. 1 in the FedEx Cup.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband