FORT WORTH (AP) – TCU starting receiver Skye Dawson has been suspended for Saturday’s season opener against Grambling State.
Coach Gary Patterson said Tuesday that Dawson was suspended because of school policy and won’t play for the 20th-ranked Horned Frogs this weekend. He would not discuss details.
Dawson also returns kicks. He was the Horned Frogs’ second-leading receiver last year with 45 catches for 500 yards and five touchdowns.
TCU, going into its first season as a Big 12 member, was one of only four FBS teams that didn’t play on college football’s opening weekend. The Frogs open conference play Sept. 15 at Kansas.
Earlier this year, four TCU players were arrested along with other students and former students during a drug sting tied to marijuana use.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband