DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) - Discount retailer Tuesday Morning has named a former Big Lots Inc. executive as its new CEO.
The Dallas-based company said Tuesday it appointed Brady Churches, effective immediately.
Churches most recently served as president of Marketing Results Ltd. He spent more than 20 years at Big Lots, including a stint as president from 1993 through 1995.
Churches succeeds Kathleen Mason.
Tuesday Morning Corp. fired Mason in June, saying it was time to transition leadership to a new executive.
Mason in August filed discrimination charges against Tuesday Morning, saying she was sent packing after the board learned she had breast cancer. She’s seeking unspecified damages and her old job back. Tuesday Morning has denied the allegations.
Tuesday Morning has 38 stores in the DFW Metroplex.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband