NORTH RICHLAND HILLS (CBSDFW.COM) – Classes were canceled at a North Texas elementary school on Wednesday after a fire started in the early morning hours. The incident happened at Holiday Heights Elementary School in North Richland Hills, a part of the Birdville Independent School Distict.
The North Richland Hills Fire Department responded to the two-alarm blaze just after 5:30 a.m. Wednesday morning. The campus is located in the 5200 block of Susan Lee Lane, but was not yet open for the day. It appears as though nobody was injured by the flames.
Officials with the Birdville ISD are blaming the fire on a small electrical problem in a janitor’s closet. They decided to cancel Wednesday’s classes and close the campus for the day. The school district has not said what parts of the campus were damaged, or when the building will be open again.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Judge Preparing For ‘Civil War’ If Obama Re-Elected
- Health Officials: No Need To Call 911 For Mosquito Bites
- Randy Travis’ Truck Found Abandoned In North Texas Field
- Billboard Controversy Comes To North Texas
- Texas Woman Aims For Skunk, Shoots Husband